Monday, March 24, 2008

The Ride of your life



Ever feel like you are on a ride that is spinning out of control. Crazy but fun ? How is it possible that so many emotions can come out of one ride?? Some are scared, excited, major adrenaline flowing. Some get sick, some laugh and cry at the same time. Kind of cool kind of like life. There is so much joy wrapped up in the crazy circle we call our lives. If you have been reading at all about my life the past couple of weeks have been like the magnum at cedar point( my favorite roller coaster). But i do think that the ride may have slowed after an eye opening conversation with my mom today i may have finally found some peace and maybe even a little deliverance. For any of you out there i need delivered from so bad bondage. ( can i get an amen ) :) I have spent several years trying to live up to what other people want and i think most of the time at the expense of myself and my family. I have given and given and given until the only thing left in me is the ugly because somehow along the road i forgot to replenish the supply. I think so many times our lives are like this Ferris wheel spinning so fast out of control we don't know how to stop it. We get so caught up in the everyday functions that before we know it we have allowed to many people on our ride and it is spinning like a whirlwind massively out of control. We should never be in control it should always be God, when we get on rides we are not in control the crazy carny guy with the wrinkled shirt, and the messy hair and no teeth is in control. Most of us will jump right on that ride and put our life in his hands but we won't put it in the hands of the very one who gave us life, who breathed the air in our lungs and allowed us to live. Today i have challenged myself.. i want to hear the voice of God i will quiet all the voices in my head so that for the first time in a very long time i will be able to hear him. I mean really hear him and know his purposes for my life. In the hustle of everyday i want to be able to say i did what he wanted me to do, i touched who he wanted me to touch and minister to. My life is not about me, it has a greater purpose, to be who he wants. So next time you go to the fair or an amusement park stop and think Whose hands am i putting my life in? I chose God over all I chose you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tara Sloan said...

You are really knocking this blog thing out Deb! Awesome! Isn't it wonderfully therapuetic??? By the way... I tagged you today...

http://tarasloan.blogspot.com/2008/03/im-it-7-things-meme.html