Sunday, March 9, 2008

A New Week

You know it is crazy my whole life Sunday has been the seventh day of the week, but look at any calender and they have Sunday as the first day of the week. Why is that??? Why the first last???? What is the deal, Friday he died rose on the third day which day of the week is Sunday. As a child i grew up dreading Sunday my mom always made us go to church i liked church but i hated getting dressed up. Stupid i know but you know kids and how they think. But now as an adult i kind of still dread Sunday not because of the clothes anymore but because so many people have learned how to wear masks and to me it is just another day for a different mask! I long for the day when we all take off our masks and live just like we are. I think God desires that he wants himself seen through us and how can we really show him if we are always hiding behind a mask. So today i challenge you which mask will you wear. Jesus or the days of the week mask. I repented this morning at church for not having the hunger and passion for the holy spirit i should have so no more masks for me. What you see is what you get no matter who likes or doesn't. I want to reflect him everywhere i go and in everything i do. I wanna be just like you Lord.

3 comments:

Tara Sloan said...

This is some great processing Deb!!! You are headed in the right direction just keep looking toward Him and He will guide you! You and Johnnie have a tremendous destiny and you have barely even experienced the tip of it! Keep pursing Him and read "In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day".. it will change you and Johnnie's life!

Johnnie said...

"I think God desires that he wants himself seen through us and how can we really show him if we are always hiding behind a mask."

Wow. That's pretty good stuff right there!!


"What you see is what you get no matter who likes or doesn't."

I likes what I sees!! ;)

Debbie said...

you my man you gotta like it i am so glad you are mine and that we are pushing through this together love you with all my heart and the rest to :)