Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In the Shelter of His Arms!!!!!!!


A few days ago a really good friend shared a special passage of scripture with me that blew me away. Have you ever read Psalm 62, I mean really read it. I have read it several times a day for the last few days and wow, I mean really read it thinking that God is talking to me. It was an amazing peace and feeling of safety to know.... "He alone is my rock and i shall not be shaken" He is the one that will always be the steady in my life!!!!! "Find rest o my soul in God alone my hope comes from him" Not only shall i not be shaken but i can rest and hope. For years i have found shelter in the approval of man or doing a good job. It was like a light turned on in the inside of me, I just need Jesus. I don't need to find my hope and rest in any man but in the one who is like a steady rock. "Two things have i heard that you o God are strong, and that you O lord are loving" Is that really true to find strength and love and compassion and joy and peace and hope and restoration all wrapped up in one solitary life. One rock that holds the key to my very life and destiny. Psalm 62 says he is steady and i shall not be shaken. So no matter how uncertain i feel right now or how much i want to run, he is the steady in me he will not let me be shaken he will gently guide me on the right path through a loving and hopeful, restful place where i will be rewarded for all my battle fighting. WOW pretty amazing God we have. I thank you lord for loving me enough to be the rock in me!

1 comment:

Tara Sloan said...

Great revelation sis! Miss you guys! Have a Happy Easter!