Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Die to Live for you !!!!!

This past week Pastor Paul Godowa was at our church for the Sunday morning service and he brought a word that i think left everyone with their mouth open. He talked about how we had to die and Christ had to live in us. I have heard this said so many times but it has never hit me as hard as it did on Sunday. I have to die. When i think about death i think about leaving this world and being in heaven. But the kind of death he talked about was laying down all that was me to be filled with all that is him. I believe through that sermon god gave me a song title " I die to live for you" where the rest of the song is who knows maybe it will come through my death. God has been molding me for quite some time now and he is not finished yet. So to sum it all up i think God is calling all of us "Christians " to lay down us and pick up him. Do i really want to be so consumed with what i want. Someone said recently it was a whole lot of God and a little of me. I want that to be my everyday and for that to happen Debbie has to die. Debbie has to sacrifice and lay down all that she may want or not want and do what he says. My prayer this week is Ears to hear, Eyes to see and lips that speak his words. I will die and he will live in me. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tara Sloan said...

Sounds like an amazing message! I am so glad it touched in such a powerful way! Email me...