Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day !!!!


Wow I have been a mother for ten + years. It is incredible to me how quickly they grow. I blinked and my son was in fourth grade and my daughter in third. I remember being a teenager and thinking about having kids. All the goals and dreams i had hoped for them and still do. Some they have far exceeded than what i would have ever hoped or dreamed. My Mom was here this week, man i miss her. She is my very best friend she has a wisdom and an integrity that i can only hope and pray i possess some day. God has truly blessed me with her. Saturday i went to a mother daughter banquet and the speakers talked about a language between a mother and a daughter that god ordained called biblical womanhood. My highest calling is to teach my children about god and his love for them. If you have never been a mom it is an unconditional love that comes from the minute you know they are there. This ability to love something so completely no matter what it does to you can only come from god. The love he has for us is the same. That blows my mind he loves me. Me, the messed up girl who can't ever seem to get it right, but gets up every time and tries again. The one who screws up pretty much every decision she makes and doesn't have a very good self esteem. The girl who usually is harder on herself than anyone ever could be. The girl who works twelve hours a day to take care of other peoples kids sometimes at the expense of her own. The girl who can barely keep her house clean or make ends meet most of the time. God loves me...... isn't that refreshing. I am so humbled to think that if it was only for me he still would have done it. He loves me with the same love i love as a mother. Today we celebrate mothers every where and i can't help but thank God today for mine and for allowing me to be one. He trusted me to shape two young lives into pure vessels to be used by him. Wow he is good ;) !!!!!

1 comment:

Johnnie said...

You are the most incrdible woman I know!! The fact that you have stuck it out with me for 10 years is proof of that! Just the fact that you love me has made me want to be a better man. You are the greatest mother and wife that I could ever ask for. Emry, Maya, and I are the most blessed people in the world!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!