Saturday, June 7, 2008

Life is full of Suprises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




If you have spent any time at all with me you know how much I love to be lazy on Saturday's:).. I love to watch movies and hate to do house work. This Saturday wasn't any different but i felt like writing. God is changing and growing me and my family so much. I have been searching and praying for myself to move out of the way and for him to shine through me. Just him and only him, while i know we are human i want more of him and less of me. Looking at this picture of Johnnie and Harry while it is quite amusing and somewhat of an inside joke. I am amazed at the friend Harry is to Johnnie. They have been friends for years, and i don't mean the kind that come and go. I mean the kind that stick. They can have a very loud discussion and not see eye to eye and in ten minutes walk away laughing. I wish i had that kind of friendship. I think with women it is different we are very emotional and tend to hold grudges. I love the women god has placed in my life. But are they really my true friends. I have been asking myself this and many other questions lately. Life is so short it seems sometimes. Watching your kids grow up while you look away for one minute. One week turns into one year and what have we really done with that year. I have really been pondering on my life and what it entails and what i feel like god wants from me. I so much want to please him and stand before him and hear "well done". Their are so many parts to me that i really don't like. I hate how people always turn things around and play off the fact that i tend to feel guilty over everything. I really don't like that. I want you to tell me the truth. If you just need me to do things for you and that is it. Tell me don't pretend your my friend and then your not. That is just childish and foolish. On a little bit lighter note these people have forced me to learn to rely solely on god and what he wants to do in my life, i am so thankful for him and my family. Without them i would be lost. I know that everything happens for a purpose so me rambling through this blog has helped me more than any counseling session;) I am sorry if this didn't make sense to anyone. But sometimes you just need to get it out.

1 comment:

Positioned for Greatness said...

I know what you mean Deb. I felt the same way a few years ago but since then God has given me an incredible circle of women who uplift, encourage and hold me accountable... I believe God is doing the same for you!!!!
Love you!