Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Christmas Time.....



Recently I have been working on Christmas stuff for the worship team and our yearly Christmas Eve service. I have been scouring the internet and praying and racking my brain on how to make this Christmas service not just another service but an encounter with God. You know Christmas and Easter are every churches opportunity to reach those who only come to church once or twice a year. It's funny how you learn through little experiences. So i have been you tubing and goggling and searching and searching and praying and all that stuff that a "good worship leader" does. Today i am sitting in my classroom, not sure I mentioned that i am teaching but i was prompted by the Holy spirit to just stop. Well i don't know about you but when God says stop i do really try to listen, It was so strange because i have been trying and trying and trying and all i heard was STOP!!!!! So amongst all the business that my job entails i began to just kind of meditate on the word Stop, lol one word i know how do you do that well...... I have recently learned that meditation is a necessary spiritual discipline( little plug for the leadership training class at the church :) I think i just rambled :) lol so in meditating i began to think with the holiday season coming and you know all the hustle and bustle of it all. How many of us Stop and enjoy it? How many of us Stop and spend the season enjoying our family and friends, isn't that what it's for. We spend so much money and time and energy looking for that perfect gift when really the perfect gift is of course Jesus but along side Jesus precious time with the ones we love. One of my dear friends said the other day Christmas was her favorite time of the year. For me the last few years not so much, I think because i worried about money and what and when and where and how. This christmas i intend to enjoy my family and the season. So in that meditation i believe God has given me an awesome Christmas Service designed specifically by him. So excited to experience this season with Jesus and my family. SO I LOVE CHRISTMAS :)

No comments: